Starting October 9, 2016, Metadefender Endpoint Management deprecated the Metadefender Endpoint Application UI for all customers.
By default the Metadefender Endpoint Tray Icon will not be created automatically after a fresh installation.
To enable Tray Icon manually you have the following options:
- Open the Start menu
- Search for “Metadefender Endpoint”
- Click on “Metadefender Endpoint” to start displaying the Tray Icon for this session
- Navigate to the Metadefender Endpoint installation directory (%PROGRAMFILES(X86)% \OPSWAT by default)
- Navigate to the Gears Client folder
- Double click on Gears.exe
After enabling the Tray Icon once you can set it to auto-start on your device by:
- Right click on Metadefender Endpoint Tray Icon in the Windows System Tray
- Click on “Show Tray Icon” to check the option and enable it
- if you couldn’t find Metadefender Endpoint on the Start menu, it’s possible that your administrator has disabled the Metadefender Endpoint UI on endpoints, you can try Option #2 to confirm it.
- If you get the error message below, it means that your administrator has disabled the Metadefender Endpoint UI on endpoints, please contact your administrator for more details.
This article was last updated on 2016-12-21