Metadefender Endpoint for Windows platform disabled program crash dump generation by default starting version 188.8.131.52. The primary reason is to save disk space as some of the crashes are recoverable and crash dump analysis will not be necessary. However, in rare circumstances, customers will want to turn on crash dump generation for detailed troubleshooting.
Bellow is a tool created by OPSWAT to turn crash dump creating back on.
In order to turn crash dump generation back on please do the following:
- Download the necessary tool from a link below
- Open a command line utility with Administrator privilege
- Execute the command line options documented below.
Command line example: changeCrashDump.exe <option>
<option> allowed values
- ON: To turn on crash dump generation. (Maximum crash dump files per process is 3)
- Other values or empty: To turn off crash dump generation.
- For installed Windows agent: changeCrashDump.exe
- For run-once Windows agent: changeCrashDump_OD.exe
This is only applicable for Windows agents.
This article applies to Metadefender Endpoint Management product.
This article was last updated on 2016-09-16.